Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The perfect place.

Sometimes I start dreaming when I am at the bus, tram, train or just at home. My thoughts go to some place or city where I would like to be most, where I would feel at home.
Sometimes music helps me going there. I'd like to put this place into words right now because I just travelled there again some minutes ago.

This place is near the sea.
I love the sea because I can't see it ending. In 2oo8 I've been to Brighton, UK for six weeks. I sometimes felt really desperate (especially during the first days in a new environment) but when I went near the ocean, even when strong winds were blowing, I felt calm again. Endlessness is something that helps me calm down because I don't feel like hurrying anything any more. It also makes me embrace the future I cannot see yet and feel okay that the unexpected might happen, positive and negative. Because the endlessness of the sea will always be there, and so will be the endlessness of options in my life.
Maybe there is also an harbor where I can see ships leave. Not only with freight but also passenger ships that take people to places they've been dreaming of for a long time. Make their dreams come true at last.
I am happy that I was able to keep the emotions I felt near the sea deep inside my heart so I can recall them when I need that certain calmness.

That city is safe. I'm often craving for a walk outside, especially during nice summer nights but I am just too afraid something bad might happen to me outside as we have quite a lot of criminality going on where I live. I often feel limited because of the bad that is sleeping inside of humankind. I can't go out when and where I want to go because something bad might happen to me, I am easily scared by this thought...

There are a lot of cafés and cozy places.
During the day, especially in the summer, I often feel like going outside and being somewhere where I can let my thoughts flutter around me like colorful butterflies. Where I can put my notebook down and close my eyes. It's also not possible where I live because I know no such places here and it's too noisy in our garden.
Sometimes I think my favorite place would be a big city with a huge park but I am not sure. Maybe the hectic around me wouldn't be good for me. And of course it wouldn't be a safe place at all and I also wish for that.

There are (antique) bookstores and a picturesque old town.
I love to walk around places like this, and of course I love books! I think I would spend many hours in a place like this. They give me inspiration.
I felt this when I spent my holidays in beautiful villages and cities in Southern Germany and Italy. Needless to say that I list these when I am asked for my favourite travelling aims!

Well, this was it for now. I think I will write more about this when something new is coming to my mind! ^__^
If you know a place like this in the real world, tell me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment